Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ode to the Common Cold (Or Why I'm Home Midday on a weekday)

Hi everyone! You might be asking why the heck am I posting to my blog at 2 PM on a workday. And to that, I would answer, "I feel like crap, went to the doctor, and went home to rest for the day." Annnnddd the cat is really confused and will not stay out of my face.


Apparently, going to Vegas and getting only two hours of sleep a night isn't good for your body and immune system. Who knew?! All I know, is I went and I came home and two days later, I'm sick (and I almost never get sick!) So, here I am, 8 days later (8 days!) post doctor's appointment and meds, laying in bed, getting some R&R. Here's to feeling better (Please excuse my cheeeesy smile and thumbs-up. It's really all I could muster for today)!


In other news, I have finally managed to take a picture of some fooooood! I wasn't craving anything really lunch-y today, so I had some Make-Ahead Steel Cut Oatmeal à la Angela. I added in some unsweetened vanilla almond milk, along with a little bit of left-over canned pumpkin and threw it in the microwave. Gave it a little stir to make it nice and creamy-like and then sprinkled some cinnamon and maple syrup on top.


Oh my goodness, it was delish! Alright everyone, I'm off to do more relaxing. Hope you enjoy your days! Hopefully you're not sick like me, but if you are, let's commiserate =)

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment